POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results : RE: IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
15 May 2024 07:08:00 EDT (-0400)
  RE: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 25 Sep 2003 21:25:53
Message: <3f7395a1@news.povray.org>
First of all, thanks to all for your input.
I think I should explain my point of view, the following
is only my opinion and maybe is a wrong opinion, decide
by yourself:

IRTC is a nice contest (or it was), but this round shows
a dangerous movement that can ruin the competition.
Because this is a competition, isn't it?.
I mean, at least you expect a little of justice.
If I enter my image and get a 35th position and
someone sends one image with ladybugs and
stairs and get the 16th position, my conclusion
is that something is going wrong for me. (I don't
want to offend anybody, but if someone can
explain me this, I would like to hear about it).

IMHO the winner image has nothing to do with
the topic (and I don't want to talk about the link given by
Gonzo in a previous post in this thread, it talks by itself).

So what is the result?.
That the Internet Raytracing Competition is
becoming only the Internet Raytracing, a place
where you can show your images; you don't need
to care about the results 'cos they mean nothing.
If that's the case, I prefer p.b.i.

Because on the other side there are (at least in my case)
a lot of hours invested in an image, time that you have to
steal from other activities (sleep, family, work...)
to get it before the last day.

If the final goal is to make an image, I prefer to have
the time I need and not only 2 months.
I sincerely think that this has nothing to do with
egos. The important thing is not to win but to
enter. Yes, but to enter in what?

PD: I've talked only about my entry, but imo
there are a lot of images that deserve a better
position than the one they have obtained.

Hoping I haven't started a flame war...
Bye.

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com